She was in a one piece, putting on flippers and a snorkel. I could not believe it was her. Was I dreaming?
Precisely and this time she talked with me and her smile was as warm as it had ever been. I noticed some moss on her cheek, a bit of dirt to remind me of her grave. But I dared not wipe it off, lest she discover that she was no more alive than my need.
I left with a small dog on my shoulder, faithfully diving in to the land, and strangers asked me about my town , looking to buy something off hand.
I did not answer, I only smiled.
Then upon entering I saw her lying on the wall, I asked my friend if he saw her at all. He laughed a giggle and looked at me like I was crazy.
When I woke it was no memory, nothing hazy, I cried like a baby saying thank you for the hunger that will be my meal today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volleyball

The Cripple and the Crone/( thanks to the Bros.Grimm)

The order of things