She (1985)

Into the deep blue of a night sky
pour my lone soul
and let the four winds blow these feelings to
her.

Ask the magic of the moons caress
and the sparkle of stars
to change the forlorn to a smile,
plant on her lips this kiss I can't give
and fill her heart with all I long to say.

Send raven clouds
direct and swift as sparrows,
to wing my missing joy
by her bedside a day away.
Awaken her with the smile I save
for her
beautiful face.

Great wheels race,
take this
melancholy,
enraptured of darkness,
and speed the distant moment of return
nearer to this place
where separated
lovers meet.

Mantle dark,
which blankets many a sad lament,
take this weight of waiting,
lift it to the void,
for my strength can only bring it to me
on this wrinkled bed which
sags in the spot
where she would lay.

Throw off this cover,
rend these stifling sheets,
urge the breeze she keeps
to wrap me
instead
and air this space
of silent refrain for the voice that 
makes my days.

Deepest blue of this dark nights sky
send light,
a dawn,
to shine on me
while she sleeps
a land and far sea away,
and send to her the nights that burn
this hole inside of me.










                                                                                                   podo

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volleyball

The Cripple and the Crone/( thanks to the Bros.Grimm)

The order of things