Lluvia de Mujeres / un concepto


Come ruin my solitude.
Come yell my name from outside so I can see this butterfly.
Come din my silence.
Come bang the drum of your beauty in my eyes, whip my ears with laughter.
Come stand in your light and throw my shadow on the pages of the book of my life.
Come pull me out of my chair to dance to the silence you just splintered.
Come take my peace.
Come take it and live in it with me all the days we have left.
Come blind me. Show me your soul's glowing brilliance and your hearts pure burning desire.
Come drown me, smother me in your breasts,
come shut my mouth with your open kisses, stiffen me,
come make me obey, a line such as I has never graced your way.
Come fill my time with the infinite that is you. 

..................................................................................................................................

I wake with the light or with the dark if the sun is late.
I am the farmer, I am he who plants, food, trees, bushes and flowers for bees.

I have coffee, two cups from my plants, then I get ready and put on my pants.
Dogs need feeding, cats do too, and don’t forget the ducks, three.

They honk and quack as I walk past their pool, open their gate and pour their food
onto their plate. It ‘s not yet six AM and the day is in full tilt.

Machete I gather, scabbard covering sharp blade to the hilt,
I tie the lanyard around my waist, I head out, boots flapping, to gravity’s slope, downhill.

I feel the wind and rain on my face, I think of my dogs licking me
in greeting , all tongues and jumping.

This cat’s fur rain, this garuero wind
kiss me as I head toward the gate, large trees shaking

their branches swaying above my head, I search for
weakness, I look for cracks.

No widowmaker to crush my back.
I think of all that I have done here on this parcel.

Entrusted to me, consecrated in the blood
of one who died too soon.

But we all die, and none too soon,
not one at the wrong moment

the slope and storm will drag us away
and walking down this hill

in the gloom light of gray dawn
reminds me that I am He who plants,

food, trees, bushes and flowers for bees.
My job , my vocation, my very life

is in service to all that passes and
passing too, that joy,



as shall be the day
when she will plant me.


.......................................................................................................................


How can I get you to know that I am for you?

How many unknowns before you know for sure?

How many doubts will have to be dispelled?

How many ex-lovers brought out from their cells?

How deep must we bury all that history?

Before I can be for you and you can be for me?

I know I am for you, every fiber says so.

I know you are for me, though far away says “no”.

I keep my eyes on the prize, no matter how far to go.

Everything conspires against and only trust brings hope.

You are the mystery who only you know

I am a bubble that on the wind did blow

You burst me, I thirst for you and if me you should own

I have no one to blame, I’ve chosen such in my bones.

I am The Great Romantic, but I never wander far from home,

You are my heart center and I want you wherever you roam.

Sometimes we win again, we can grin again, we can begin again

knowing it’s all the same but different, ‘cause that’s the game

and no matter what we do we are stuck, there’s no one to blame.

Feel free to be yourself, that’s the same gift I want to give

I’ll just go on being me because it’s the only way I can live

But don’t be afraid to become me, because I am already part of you

I’ll just stand here waiting, because there’s nothing else I can do.


.......................................................................................................................


She had traveled far to visit him, she had left much behind as well.

He had built an open space for her arrival, he tied his hands behind his back.

She came because she was sure and he invited her for the same reason.

He met her at the gate, she smiled and set her bag down.

They hugged. A hug for the ages. When two hearts meet.

They beat as one.

They met again and again and again as they stood at the gate.

He lifted her bag and carried it inside. She held his hand and exhaled.

They had waited, an appropriate amount of time, not rushing

Their feelings had rushed, to fill the void of loneliness

to feed the starving souls of two who had lost all they loved

He wanted to go on that ride again. She was a natural at rollercoasters

He opened the door to his house. She entered their home.

He trembled the fear of the hopelessly enamored. She radiated hope.

They could never sleep when together for talking. Only kisses brought silence.

Silence brought words, they could never sleep when together for loving.

He slid his fingers through her soft curls. She fixed him with her stare.

She breathed haltingly. His fingertips stroked her neck.

His fingers ran her clavicle. She licked her lips and kissed his ear.

Her breast heaved as he urged her softly. He stiffened in his pants.


.................................................................................................................................

 
Waking up in the morning, bringing her a cup of coffee in bed

Sit down to her sweet voice, “Good morning my man”

She’d feed the dogs and pet the cats, always had time for that

Then came the chickens and the ducks, outside in her sun hat

‘Hola Heber! Como le va?” as she strode to the enclosure.

I would give anything In this world to be able to hold her

Talking ‘bout the girl that made me happy,

talking bout the girl that made me happy

We always had what we needed,

she shopped and made sure we’d eaten

She cooked as good as our chef friends,

but hers had love that no one else could dispense

talking bout the girl that made me happy

talking bout the girl that made me happy


.................................................................................................................................

I wonder how it is that a man like me can be given so much in blessing?

I started in lust and passion and they gave me a wife, I started with illicit intimacy

and she gave me a life, I started with broken symmetry and found myself completed

by the face in the mirror that she always showed as me.

I lost this face, I lost the taste of love she gave and only bitter tears,

only unknown fears, only looking back on the years

as legacy.

But how can this be? How can she be gone, utterly?

Maybe I am wrong? Maybe she still gives me life and brings me love?

Maybe only her ways and name and appearance have changed?

Is this possible, I wonder, looking for faith and love I blundered

back onto the path the Lord has made, back onto the trail in search of she

who makes my nights and days.

Behold me in your beacon bright, know that you are the reason for my smile.

Know that the past, now she is buried, yields, giving way to

the gifts you bring me, again.


..................................................................................................................................

Epiphany, when
the obvious becomes present,
when the given is received.

Plain as the nose on your face
some might say
but, you did not even see it, coming.

All the while, you lived it.
Everyday.

Then arrives
confusion. It lays waste to
hope, drys it up
and in your mouth is a bitter taste
when the given draws back
and you’re left alone
your house is no home
and you learn too late
after she’s gone away.

What I give, is given to myself.
What I keep for myself I keep from others.
What is given, I give to me.
What is kept from others I keep from myself.



....................................................................................................................................


Afflicted


I’m so f*ked up

I wear my heart on a smile

it’s my sleeve and collar

and nothing less is more confusing.

Old enough to know, bitter,

Oh...better not to know

If this is folly

then I am taking it all, I am (4x’s)

Afflicted /smitten/ affected/ infected/

by this ease with which she...

by her smile with which she...

by her certainty with which she...

by her words, with which she...

covers

my naked need.




..................................................................................................................................





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death is an asshole

Comet Air

Memorable words for the mindlessness of our age