An armadillo

has decided that our farm is very tasty
and digs holes every square meter
looking for worms
and grubs to eat

It entered my garden yesterday
and set my dogs barking
but I was asleep and my wife
decided that it was best
to leave the night to the unknown

This resulted in there being
numerous holes
along the edge of the
fence and by the foot of
the beds, little piles of soil
that traced the hunt

But how such a beast
works through the night
making hundreds of dents
in my fields, inviting
my little dogs to dig as well
is truly a marvel

So what shall we do, I asked
our man and he said
that it would be best
to evict this nighttime
guest and in the same
breath reminded me
that it only eats earthworms
and that it wont touch the crops

So despite a search
a shovel digging in
any hole found in earth
the armadillo is still
unseen and tonight
I may leave the doors
open enough
for the dogs to chase it away.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The order of things

Death is an asshole

The Cripple and the Crone/( thanks to the Bros.Grimm)